Clodagh McKenna’s recipe for what is one of the prettiest Spring salads is a simple and delicious little dish; perfect for a laidback lunch
The delicate peppery taste of the pea shoots alongside the crispy smoky pancetta, sweet peas and creamy goat’s cheese is divine – or try using watercress instead. The dressing lightly scented with orange is my favourite with this salad, but if you are fonder of a lemon dressing, then simply replace the orange with a lemon. I recommend doubling up the dressing recipe, as it will last for up to two weeks in the fridge.
IMAGE: DORA KAZMIERAK
Clodagh McKenna’s Spring Pea, Pea Shoot, Pancetta & Goat’s Cheese Salad
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 120 g diced pancetta
- 200 g pea shoots
- 200 g freshly podded peas
- 200 g soft goat’s cheese crumbled
FOR THE DRESSING
- 100 ml extra virgin olive oil
- grated zest and juice of 1 orange
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Place a frying pan over a medium–high heat and add the olive oil, followed by the pancetta. Cook the pancetta for about 8 minutes until crispy.
- Meanwhile, add all the ingredients for the dressing to a bowl and whisk together well. Season with salt and pepper.
- Combine all the remaining ingredients for the salad in a large bowl. Pour over the dressing, add the crispy pancetta and gently toss together.
- Divide the salad between four plates and serve.
Recipe taken from Clodagh’s Suppers: Suppers to Celebrate the Seasons by Clodagh McKenna, published by Kyle Books, £20
Fancy this for lunch? Share this recipe with friends, family and followers using the share buttons at the top of this page and discover more delicious recipes here