This delicious lamb recipe – from Jessie and Lennie Ware’s new book, Table Manners: The Cookbook – is simple to prepare, quick to cook and makes for the perfect Spring dinner party dish
IMAGE: OLA O SMIT
Lamb with Pistachio Herb Crust
- 2 racks of lamb French trimmed – fat removed and bones cleaned (ask your butcher to do this)
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves peeled
- 150 g shelled pistachios
- 30 g fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves only
- 30 g fresh mint leaves only
- grated zest of 1 lemon
- 75 g crustless bread a day or two old
- 2 tbsp Dijon mustard
- salt and pepper
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/180°C fan/gas 6.
- Season the lamb. Heat a heavy-based frying pan over a medium–high heat, add the olive oil and brown the lamb for 2–3 minutes on all sides.
- Whizz the garlic, pistachios, herbs, lemon zest and bread in a food processor until finely chopped.
- Spread a tablespoon of mustard over each rack of lamb and coat in the herb mixture, pressing gently so that it sticks.
- Roast for 15–20 minutes: 15 minutes will be very pink.
- Remove from the oven and leave to stand for 10 minutes before carving and serving.
Extracted from Table Manners: The Cookbook by Jessie and Lennie Ware (Ebury Press, £22). Photography by Ola O Smit