For a delicious salad that is as satisfying to eat as it is pretty to look at, look no further
IMAGE: PETERSHAM NURSERIES
Petersham Nurseries’ Spring Salad with Peas, Broad Beans & Pecorino
- 1/2 yellow courgette
- 1/2 green courgette
- 150 g broad beans, podded
- 40 g wild asparagus
- 100 g chick peas
- 40 g Pecorino
- Large lemon, unwaxed
- 25 g pea shoots
- 20 ml olive oil
- 10 g sea salt
- Small handful mint
- Edible flowers (optional)
- Slice the courgettes, season with salt and olive oil and grill until softened.
- Cook the broad beans and peas in boiling, salted water until tender and refresh in iced water.
- Cook the wild asparagus in boiling, salted water until tender and refresh in iced water.
- Drain the peas, broad beans and wild asparagus and place in a mixing bowl with the courgettes.
- Deep fry the chickpeas until crispy and add to the bowl.
- Season well with the juice and zest of the lemon, olive oil and sea salt.
- Place in a serving dish and serve with finely cut slices of pecorino and mint leaves.
- Finish with pea shoots and edible flowers (if using) and a splash of olive oil.
Discover more delicious recipes on The Home Page here…