Taken from Kylee Newton’s new book ‘The Modern Preserver’s Kitchen’, we think this might be the ultimate brownie recipe…
RASPBERRY JAM AND PEANUT BUTTER BROWNIES FROM ‘THE MODERN PRESERVER’S KITCHEN’ BY KYLEE NEWTON: IMAGE: LAURA EDWARDS
Everyone loves a brownie, right? Make this recipe to use up the end of that raspberry jam you have in the fridge, or try it with my recipe for Raspberry and Elderflower Jam. Raspberries are the perfect match for dark chocolate, and the jam makes a playfully reminiscent match with the peanut butter. It’s where childhood meets adulthood.
Raspberry jam and peanut butter brownies
- 250 g (1 cup plus 2 tbsp) unsalted butter, plus extra for greasing
- 250 g (9oz) dark chocolate (at least 70 per cent cocoa solids)
- 100 g (1 cup) cocoa powder
- 6 large free-range eggs
- 350 g (1 ¾ cups) golden caster (superfine) sugar
- 100 g (¾ cup) plain (all-purpose) flour
- 80 g (generous ¾ cup) ground almonds
- 100 g (1/2 cup) crunchy peanut butter
- 100-150 g (⅓–scant ½ cup) Raspberry and Elderflower Jam
- Preheat the oven to 200 C (180 C fan/400 F/gas mark 6). Line and grease a deep 20 x 30cm (8 x 12in) baking pan with baking paper.
- Roughly chop the butter and dark chocolate and melt in a bowl set over a pan of simmering water (ensure the bottom of the bowl does not touch the water), stirring occasionally until completely melted. Remove from the heat and whisk through the cocoa powder, then set aside to cool.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs and sugar until pale and creamy. Gently fold through the melted chocolate mix until smooth, then sift in the flour and gently fold through with the ground almonds until well combined.
- Pour the batter into the baking pan, spreading it to the edges. Spoon in dots of peanut butter and jam, then roughly swirl them into the batter with a spatula. Bake in the middle of the oven for 20–30 minutes, or until the top has a slight crust and a gentle wobble in the middle (cooking time may vary according to your oven, so check at 20 minutes and then every 5 minutes).
- Remove from the oven and leave to cool completely so it firms up before removing from the pan. Slice into 15 portions.
The Modern Preserver’s Kitchen by Kylee Newton (Quadrille, £22) Photography ©Laura Edwards
Know someone who’d enjoy this recipe? You can share it by using the buttons at the top of the page. Discover more delicious recipes on The Home Page here…