Chocolate and orange is a match made is culinary heaven and this chocolate vegan orange cupcake recipe, devised for the Alzheimer’s Society’s Cupcake Day on 17th June, makes for a deliciously tempting sweet treat
Bursting with rich chocolatey flavours paired with tangy orange, these dairy-free, vegan chocolate orange cupcakes taste just as good as they look. Devised by Joy Skipper for the Alzheimer’s Society Cupcake Day on 17th June, discover how you can get involved and help to raise vital funds for this fantastic charity below.
IMAGE: JOY SKIPPER
Vegan Chocolate Orange Cupcakes
- 150 g plain flour
- 140 g caster sugar
- 50 g cocoa powder
- ¾ tsp bicarbonate of soda
- ½ tsp baking powder
- grated rind of one orange
- 230 ml non-dairy milk
- 1 tsp white wine vinegar
- 100 ml sunflower oil
- 20 g vegan chocolate melted
- extra cocoa for dusting
- Preheat the oven to 180°C, 160°C fan, gas mark 4. Line a 12-hole muffin tin with 10 paper cases.
- Sift the flour, sugar, cocoa powder, bicarbonate and baking powder into a bowl. Stir in the orange rind.
- Whisk together the milk, vinegar and sunflower oil.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry and mix together well. Divide between the 10 paper cases. Bake for 20-15 minutes, until risen and springy to the touch.
- Remove from the tin and allow to cool on a rack.
- Decorate with swirls of melted chocolate, bits of orange rind and a sprinkling of cocoa.
People affected by dementia have been left severely impacted by coronavirus and have never needed the help of the Alzheimer’ Society more. Dust off your baking bowls, whip out your whisks and unite against dementia by taking part in the Alzheimer’s Society’s Cupcake Day on 17th June 2021. Sign up for Cupcake Day here and discover the recipes for more tempting cupcakes, muffins and delicious bakes below…